Saturday, September 15, 2007

Latamber to Khuzdar and finally settling in Islamabad

My journey starts from a small village Latamber in North-West Pakistan, where I was born on 31st March 1983.

1987 : My father Javed Iqbal and Mother Shoakat Ara moved to Khuzdar along my other Siblings. I only remember a dim picture of the expedition across Pakistan.

Khuzdar was a difficult place to live. Far off from the main stream, with inadequate facilities and poor infrastructure. Every now and then powerful earthquake triggered evacuation and eventually forced the residents to live in shelters.

1988 : After spending an year in Khuzdar, we moved back to Latamber in 1988. Myself and my elder brother got admission in a primary school. I attended the school for only one year but still remember quit a few things.. My Pals.....Naveed...Faheem..Haqai..Taani..Ishabuddin.. Teachers...Imdadi Sir..Mir Gul Istoz (Share nice memories about him...because he use to bring black pepper candies for all of us *ting*)and so on .. Good memory na!!

Just one year into school and my family decided to move ------->> It was Islamabad, the Federal Capital. New place, different culture, different faces. It took a while to get adjusted into a predominantly Punjabi Community :P

2 Comments:

Blogger oceantflower said...

salam waqas bhai
aap se poochna ta k aap ki family background kia hai. i m also living in latamber from about 21 year .my family is also setteled here .
aaj kal aap kaha per hotay hai aor kia kaam krte hai.what ur age now a days ?

3:31 AM  
Blogger SID said...

Hi Bro...Thanks for reminding about our wonderful school FG Model School F-8/3 I think I was in the same batch but in other section with Class Teacher Miss Shafqat....My name is Khurram Shahzad.....Sweet memories of school i always wish to meet our old teachers but couldn't :-(

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home